Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Comparison will kill you

What do you love about your self? There has to be something. Come on, really think about it. Your legs? Back? Eyes? Your confidence? Intelligence? Your social skills?

Grab that one thing. Hold on to it. Now, how would you feel if someone flaunted theirs in front of you? They got a better grade than you. They have more friends. Their legs are more toned. Now how do you feel? Suddenly, the things you love about yourself don't look so great. Like you're not good enough. That you haven't worked hard for what you have.

You will never find happiness in anyone other than yourself. 

STOP looking at everyone else. Look to them for motiation! Don't compare what they have to yourself. A good friend would encourage you to be the best you can be. Find these people if you don't already have them. I try my best to surround myself with only those who bring me up, challenge me to be my best. These are the only people you should have in your life. To reassure you when you're down, and get you back on your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment