Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cimzia month two

So we are almost two months in to the cimzia..

And feeling fantastic!! 

I wasn't so sure the first 4-6 weeks. The pain was still on and off. I went to the doctor at about 6 weeks and he said that I was still headed in the right direction. He lowered my dose of imuran. 

I have noticed a slight pattern. The first two weeks after I do my injection, I feel amazing. I can eat so many new things (how I've gained five pounds and now have to do cardio :/) the third week I'm still good, but I get some pain and bloating. Fourth week isn't horrible, but it's uncomfortable. And then it starts all over. So overall I'm happy with my new meds. Not so happy with my jiggling sides and tummy I can't suck in, this is new to me!! But shows I'm digesting my food ;) 

Every time I go to the bathroom, I still look for blood. I think it has just been so long, it's a natural reaction. I also cringe thinking there will be diarrhea. I haven't had any in so long. It's like I'm scarred. Ha well I probably am physically. But mentally too. When you have had so many bad experiences you expect the worst. 

Still staying away from caffeinated coffee, but drinking decaf and my usual green tea. Going to clean up my diet a bit, even though I can eat a lot more foods, I still view them as beig poison. All the processed stuff, it's not good for me in the long run anyway. 

Ran my first 5k a few days ago, still sore but I did amazing!! Finished in 26 min 3 seconds. Didn't train for it. Decided a week before it happened to just sign up. I ran one mile at the gym, and then did a two like run a few days later just to make sure I could do it without falling apart. Looking forward to future 5ks before it gets too hot for summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment