Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cimzia!

Today I finally got my first dose of cimzia! I haven't been waiting a long time..since I no longer respond to traditional methods. The insurance has been fighting this awhile. My doctor originally prescribed me humira, and then decided Cimzia because he said it was safer for people of child bearing age. 

I still have not received my dose from the company, but my doctor gave me a dose they have around the office for break through flare patients. 

I didn't realize the doses were so big! When she grabbed my thigh and inserted the needles, it hurt!! It isn't big, but there is a lot of fluid between those two needles. I was excited for it though, I've just been getting worse. Diarrhea for over two weeks now, and I can feel the sharp pain of my ulcers. Scared and excited! 

He said I should feel a difference within two weeks. But peak within a month. Not sure what happenes if biologics don't work, but I'm staying optimistic! Now it's bed time, between new shots and high doses of allergy shots and a full day if work, I'm pooped! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment